Monday, August 13, 2007

Josephine begins


I've cast on for Josephine from Knitty. This is one skein's worth of Kilcarra Aran Tweed. This is the lovely new wool that my FIL brought from his recent trip to Ireland (from County Donegal). It's difficult to tell from the photos, but this yarn is a lovely moss green tweed:
I wasn't sure what to use it for, as it's new wool and a bit scratchy. I'd had Josephine in mind, but wasn't sure when I'd start it, or if there was a better pattern for the yarn out there until I watched "Big Fish" last weekend. Imagine my surprise when I realized that the character Josephine in the movie was wearing "Josephine" the sweater jacket! I must have overlooked this detail when I read the pattern at first. I took this as a sign that I needed to start the pattern! :)
I'm still working on my son's vest, and am working on the front right, the last piece before seaming and working the neckline. I'll post more photos of that in a day or two.

No comments: