Sunday, August 19, 2007

Finished vest and more Josephine

This is Brendan's Classic Camel Vest. I still need to weave in some of the yarn ends and add the buttons, but it's essentially finished. Can't wait to see him wear it at his Uncle Matt's wedding in October!
This is my progress on Josephine from Knitty. I've added some detail to it, shown in the photo below. I had to adjust the pattern to fit the smaller size yarn I'm using, which left much bigger purl sections in between the cables than the pattern intended. I added twisting diamonds on either side of the center cable and am now adding some bobbles to the other purl sections. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

1 comment:

Nora said...

Hi and thanks for your comment on my Flickering Flames Socks.

In order to work out the amt of extra sts required, I'd need your leg measurement (circumference at the widest point). That said, I don't think the pattern is suitable for calf decreases.

Let me know what you think. My email is in the sidebar of the blog (appearing below).